Sunday, August 16, 2015

Quick Marinade Recipes

Since I do most of the cooking I have come up with a couple of marinades to make things quick and easy.  When I grocery shop (usually on Sunday) I buy the meat for the week and then prep these as soon as I get home.  I throw the meat and marinade in a gallon size bag and just let it chill out until it's time to cook it.  If I am making it later in the week I may throw it in the freezer.

Chicken or Pork Chop Creole Mustard Marinade
*being from LA I love creole mustard and it's easy to find; if you can't find it/don't like, just do dijon mustard.
1/3 cup Creole mustard
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 cup oil

Whisk all of the ingredients together then pour over 3-4 pork chops, 2-3 chicken breasts, or 6-7 chicken tenderloins.

Honey Teriyaki Chicken Marinade
1/2 cup teriyaki
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons sesame seeds

Whisk all the ingredients together then pour over 2-3 chicken breasts or 6-7 chicken tenderloins.  Also works well on salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment